Welcome to the home of the Jazz Education Connection of Ohio. We are a 501 C3 non-profit group of jazz educators and performers dedicated to promoting jazz through performance, education, and workshops. Click here to join our ranks or renew your membership!
JECO proud to be an allied organization of the Ohio Music Education Association. As part of our mission, each year we present several clinics at the Ohio Music Education Association annual convention along with sponsoring the Intercollegiate Jazz Ensemble (IJE). This group is comprised of all-star collegiate musicians from across the great state of Ohio.
Here are a number of programs we'll be presenting:
For event times at OMEA PDC please download the Guidebook App.
- February 8, 9, 10 - OMEA Professional Development Conference
- We are located in booth 728, stop by and see us!
- JECO Sponsored Educational Clinics at OMEA Professional Development Conference
- Get Your Kicks on Rural Route 66: Building A Jazz Program in a Small/Rural School District
- Every Band Can Play Jazz! – Instrumental Jazz Techniques for Grades 6-12
- Round-Table Discussion: State of the Jazz Education Nation
- February 8 – JECO/Stanton’s Reading Band – Hyatt Big Bar on 2
- February 9 - JECO Sponsored Intercollegiate Jazz Band – Hyatt Big Bar on 2
- February 10 - OMEA PDC JECO meeting - Hilton Emerson A
Thank you for supporting the future of jazz! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation to our next meeting via google chat!
JECO welcomes you to explore our site for lessons, presentations, upcoming jazz events and concerts, and opportunities for professional jazz musicians to play and teach in your area. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have a great resource to share.
We look forward to hearing from you!